From the spiders and bots page, you can manage the various bots and spiders that are recognized by your MyBB forum. You can view the time of their last visit and manage various settings for each spider/bot. In addition, you can add any bots or spiders that you would like your forum to recognize.
Adding or editing a spider/bot to your forum only requires a name and user agent string to recognize the bot. You can set the following for each bot:
- A name just for this bot that lets differentiate from other bots on your forum. This name is only viewable to administrators, so it is simply to identify this bot against another one.
- User Agent String
- The string that will be matched with the bot's user agent
- The language pack that will be displayed to the bot.
- The theme that will be displayed to the bot.
- User Group
- Sets the user group that the bot views the forum in, including all page and forum permissions. It is recommended this is not changed.