The postbit is probably the most displays the most significant part of the board. It is the template in which posts, private messages, and forum announcements are shown.
There are two types of postbits: Horizontal and classic. The horizontal postbit has the user information above the post, while the classic postbit has user information to the left of the post.
- Puts all the of other postbit templates together into one. This is the horizontal style postbit.
- Generates the layout of the attachment area
- Layout of one attachment
- Layout of one unapproved attachment
- Layout of the area for attached images
- One attached image
- Layout of the area for thumbnailed images
- One thumbnail image
- Author information if the user is a guest
- Author information if the user is registered
- Author's avatar
- Author's away status
- Same as postbit templates, only this is the classic style postbit.
- Button to edit the post
- "Edited By" line, located next to the date in horizontal postbit and below the post in classic style postbit.
- Button to email the author
- Button to search for all of the author's posts
- Button to forward the Private Message to another user
- Quick jump link to take you to another post from the quote MyCode
- Author's group image
- If the author of the post is on your ignore list, posts are hidden until you show the post manually.
- The checkbox for inline post moderation
- "IP Logged" link
- Shows the IP
- Button to activate the Multiquote feature
- User is offline
- User is online
- Button to send a Private Message to the user
- Contains the URL to the specific post, and the post's number within the thread
- Button to access the author's profile
- Button to delete the post
- Button to post a reply to the post
- Button to reply to the sender of the Private Message.
- Button to reply to the sender and all recipients of the Private Message.
- Button to report the post
- Author's Reputation
- The region between posts
- Author's signature
- Button to warn the author.
- Author's warning level
- Button to the author's website
The postbit is generated in the file inc/functions_post.php when the build_postbit() method is called.
These plugin hooks are called right before the postbit template is generated.
- Run when a message preview is being displayed
- Run when a PM is being displayed
- Run when a forum announcement is being displayed
- Run when a post is being displayed
Read more about customizing the Postbit.