Welcome to the MyBB Help section of the MyBB Wiki. Here you will find common problems and solutions.
- Common Error Messages - Common error messages and solutions found in MyBB 1.4
- Cannot Login? - Users cannot login, or if you have to login after every action in the Admin CP
- Cannot Logout? - Read this if user cannot logout (this includes the error "Your user ID could not be verified to log you out...")
- Mail Issues - Problems relating to emailing (activation emails, subscriptions, mass mail, etc)
- mod_security - 403 Forbidden, Not Acceptable
- Settings.php Permission Denied - PHP warnings when trying to save settings that say "permission denied" to inc/settings.php
- How to clear your cookies - Clearing cookies on several popular browsers
- Tasks System - What is the tasks system, and how to set up your tasks so they run on a cron job
- Gzip - Seeing a blank page or garbled text instead of your forum index.
- * (star) next to username - On the Who Is Online list
- Remove Upload Directory - Information on how to remove the "Upload" directory should you have uploaded the whole directory instead of just the contents.
- UTF BOM Mark - Read this if you receive an error message related to this one: "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by..."
- Missing Smilie Inserter / MyCode Formatting Bar
- Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource ...
1.1.x and 1.0x
- See the previously-compiled FAQ for 1.0x-1.1.x
- See the previously-compiled FAQ for RC4
- x10hosting - There is a known issue with MyBB 1.2 not working with x10hosting due to them having both eval and exec turned off on their hosting accounts by default. To use MyBB 1.2 on x10hosting you must contact them and request that eval and exec be enabled on your account. It also seems that they now have phpinfo turned off by default which causes the CAPTCHA to function incorrectly, if this happens to you, please request that phpinfo be enabled on your account.
- Latest News Bar, as seen on the MyBB Community Forums
- Customizing the Postbit, such as adding a custom profile field to the postbit
- Can I remove the MyBB copyright on my forum? Yes and no. According to our license, you are free to remove the copyright from your templates (but not from the source code). However, to receive support at the Community Forums, you must consistently have the MyBB copyright in tact. Forums that do not have the copyright or add the copyright to ask for support (and then remove it again after their support question is solved) will not receive support.