There are three ways to backup your database, through the MyBB Admin CP, phpMyAdmin, or SSH/Telnet.
For information on backing up your database through the MyBB Admin CP, see Admin CP: Backups.
- Login to phpMyAdmin and select the database you wish to dump.
- Click on the "Export" tab at the top of the page.
- Click "Select All" below the list of tables.
- Make the format is SQL.
- Click "Save as File" to download the result, or leave this box unticked to view it on-screen.
- Ensure that both "Structure" and "Data" are ticked.
- Choose a compression type, if any, from the bottom of the form.
- Click "Go".
Not all hosting accounts have this, you'll have to ask your host if you have SSH access.
- Log into your SSH/Telnet account.
- Type mysqldump --opt -Q -uUSERNAME -p DATABASENAME > /PATH/TO/DUMP.SQL
- USERNAME - this is the username you use to access MySQL. You can find it out by looking in inc/config.php
- DATABASENAME - the name of the database that MyBB is installed on.
- /PATH/TO/DUMP.SQL - this is the path to the file that will be stored. If you don't know where to put it, use mybb_backup.sql or something like that.